Masonry Repair in aLEXANDRIA
Experienced Brick & Mortar Solutions for Homes & Businesses in Northern Virginia and D.C.
At Rooftop Chimney Sweeps, we provide high-quality solutions to residential and commercial clients across Alexandria and surrounding areas. Much more than chimney sweeps, we have worked on projects to restore chimneys, fireboxes, and other brick elements with great success. From tuckpointing to repairing the mortar crown, we have the skills and experience to do it all. If you want a reliable company for the job, look no further.
Contact us today by dialing (703) 705-7550 to schedule a free inspection + estimate. Our masonry repair team is standing by and ready to respond.
What is Masonry Repair and What Does It Have to Do with My Chimney?
If your home has a chimney, it’s most likely constructed from masonry. This means the chimney was built using stone materials and bound with mortar.
The most common types of masonry include:
- Concrete or cement blocks
As durable as these materials may be, exposure to the elements make them vulnerable to cracks and deterioration that may hinder their ability to protect the structure. Without periodic preventative maintenance, the mortar may pull away from the brick and make it so your chimney doesn’t hold up as well.
Signs Your Chimney Needs Masonry Repair
Neglecting to repair your chimney damage can result in a dilapidated appearance and can be a potential fire hazard. Unfortunately, it can be tough for the average homeowner to tell the severity of masonry issues. Issues can be minor and purely cosmetic or a more serious hindrance to its structural integrity.
Give us a call if you notice the following issues:
- Crumbling or grainy mortar
- Cracked bricks
- Loosened bricks or stones.
- Spalling or chipping of the brick’s face
- Finding a spare brick in your yard
If you notice any of these signs, contacting a professional as soon as possible is highly recommended. The more you delay, the worse the problem will get and the more expensive the repairs will be.
Choose the Trusted Team Why Rooftop Chimney Sweeps?
We have centuries of combined industry experience among our employees.
We have two of the fewer than 50 certified master chimney technicians in the USA.
Our senior chimney consultant will find a solution for your situation and budget.
Our employees act in the best long-term interest of the company and client.
We offer a bigger and better selection of products and services than ever before.
We can handle any chimney project, whether it’s a repair or a cleaning.
Quality You Can Trust Our Reviews
“I highly recommend them.” - Angela K.
“They were very professional and knowledgeable.” - Theresa W.
“I had a fantastic experience with Rooftop Chimney Sweeps, in particular with Grant Raycroft.” - Robert A.
“He made a clean entrance and exit - Kenny was so nice!” - Kelsey K.
“My technician Grant was thorough, kept my home clean, and explained everything to me.” - Jordan M.
“But the part that impressed me the most was how friendly the techs were to each other, teamwork, and sincere kindness to each other.” - Jamie A.
“They are polite, professional, and best of all HONEST!” - Cara W.
“Emanuel did a terrific job inspecting my chimney, reporting on its condition, and recommending the work that needed to be done.” - Jon S.
Masonry Tasks We Perform
Masonry done right can help your chimney last for years to come. To lengthen the lifespan of your chimney, call us the moment you notice visible issues.
Here are some of the projects we can do to improve your chimney masonry:
- Crack repair: The most common masonry issue, cracked bricks, and mortar can do a number on your chimney. We can make prompt restorations, which are a lot cheaper than having to replace your chimney entirely.
- Install a chimney liner: Older masonry chimneys are constructed with clay tile, which is notorious for cracking problems. We can upgrade your chimney with a durable steel liner to help your chimney to last longer and boost safety.
- Chimney crown repair: Have you noticed the top of the chimney looks lopsided, cracked, or is falling apart? We can patch any cracks allowing water to enter from the top of the chimney or install a new crown to give you peace of mind.
- Repointing or tuckpointing: When your mortar is failing to properly hold the bricks of your masonry chimney together, repointing is in order. Our team can put together a new mix of mortar and replace any missing or damaged bricks.
- Correct chimney leaning: If your chimney looks like it is leaning one way or the other, we can straighten it up, so it doesn’t degrade to the point where it falls apart.
Schedule Rooftop Chimney Sweeps for Masonry Repairs Today!
Having been in business since 1978, we have lasted just as long as the masonry repairs we conduct. We stand by the quality of our work and are committed to ensuring that you are totally satisfied with us from beginning to end.
Give us a call at (703) 705-7550 or fill out our online request form to schedule a free estimate for masonry repairs in Alexandria, Richmond, Newport News, and surrounding neighborhoods.