When the temperature starts to drop, there’s nothing more comforting than lighting a fire in your fireplace and cozying up with your loved ones. However, it can be hard to enjoy getting warm and toasty if your chimney poses a danger to your household. Having your chimney inspected and cleaned regularly is important to improve air quality and prevent fire hazards that can arise from an accumulation of dirt and debris. At Rooftop Chimney Sweeps, our skilled chimney cleaning specialists can check and thoroughly clean your chimney from top to bottom using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques. Since 1978, we have delivered high-quality cleaning services to homes and businesses across Alexandria, Richmond, and surrounding cities. Let us use our decades of experience to give you peace of mind and ensure your home’s safety.
Book a chimney cleaning appointment by dialing (703) 705-7550 or contacting us online. One of our representatives will be in touch with your shortly.
Why Regular Home Chimney Cleanings are a Must
When winter arrives, many enjoy the warm comfort a fireplace provides. But often, this frequently used part of the home is neglected when it comes to keeping it clean. Even if you don’t use your chimney all that much, it is important to schedule a regular inspection and cleaning.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Chimney fires: According to statistics from the Chimney Safety Institute of America, an average of 17,600 house fires occur annually due to problematic fireplaces and chimneys. Having a professional chimney sweep perform a routine checkup and cleaning can reduce the likelihood that a fire occurs under your roof.
- Carbon monoxide: When you light a fire, carbon monoxide gets released due to combustion. Your chimney’s flue should safely release this harmful gas out into the air, but blockages can put you and your family at risk of being poisoned.
- Animals: Critters like raccoons, squirrels, and birds like the enclosed space of a chimney and may select it as their next habitat. Regular cleanings and inspections can detect these animals and prevent any damage they may cause.
- Bad odors: Dirty chimneys can be smelly, and the unpleasant smoky scent can linger long after your last fire. Hiring one of our technicians to clean your chimney can eliminate this problem.
- Longevity: You shouldn’t have to replace your entire chimney, just the liner every 15 or 20 years. Having a chimney sweep clean and examine your chimney can ensure we catch minor issues before they grow into major ones. Make your chimney last by calling us.
Book a Chimney Cleaning Appointment Today
Don’t take your chances with a dirty and potentially hazardous chimney, call a reputable professional to give it the cleaning it needs so you can use your chimney without worry. Our experienced team of chimney sweeps is thorough and detailed in their approach so you can take comfort in knowing that we’ll get the job done right.
Call Rooftop Chimney Sweeps by dialing (703) 705-7550. Our trained experts are ready to serve customers in Alexandria, Richmond, Newport News, and surrounding communities.
We have centuries of combined industry experience among our employees.
We have two of the fewer than 50 certified master chimney technicians in the USA.
Our senior chimney consultant will find a solution for your situation and budget.
Our employees act in the best long-term interest of the company and client.
We offer a bigger and better selection of products and services than ever before.
We can handle any chimney project, whether it’s a repair or a cleaning.
“I highly recommend them.” - Angela K.
“They were very professional and knowledgeable.” - Theresa W.
“I had a fantastic experience with Rooftop Chimney Sweeps, in particular with Grant Raycroft.” - Robert A.
“He made a clean entrance and exit - Kenny was so nice!” - Kelsey K.
“My technician Grant was thorough, kept my home clean, and explained everything to me.” - Jordan M.
“But the part that impressed me the most was how friendly the techs were to each other, teamwork, and sincere kindness to each other.” - Jamie A.
“They are polite, professional, and best of all HONEST!” - Cara W.
“Emanuel did a terrific job inspecting my chimney, reporting on its condition, and recommending the work that needed to be done.” - Jon S.
Wondering how often you should schedule us for a chimney cleaning? Maybe you’re wondering if cleaning is worth the trouble? We have answers to your burning questions here:
What’s a chimney cleaning?
Chimney cleaning involves the process of removing creosote from a chimney’s flue system. Creosote and other combustible byproducts produced by your fireplace can build up inside the flue system. If there’s an 1/8 of an inch of buildup, you’ll need a chimney cleaning. Scheduling a chimney cleaning annually protects your home and family by preventing chimney fires. We can handle any size of chimney cleaning service.
Is hiring a chimney cleaner worth it?
Protecting your home from damage and your family’s safety is your priority. To reduce the risk of fire hazards in your home, you must perform a professional chimney inspection to make sure that your chimney is clean. Creosote buildup and other blockages in your chimney can cause it to deteriorate. If the intense heat of the flames in your fireplace ignites any of these materials, you’ll experience a chimney fire. Our chimney technicians can clean your chimney to ensure it’s safe.
How often should I have my chimney cleaned?
Generally, once a year is recommended. If you haven’t had your chimney cleaned before, it likely needs to be cleaned right away.
What does Rooftop Chimney Sweeps’ chimney cleaning service include?
This answer varies on the condition of the chimney and the level of cleaning that it needs. As our standard, we clean the fireplace, the damper, and the chimney interior. This should suffice for chimneys cleaned regularly once a year to eliminate creosote residue. Deep cleaning would include more extensive cleaning of the listed components as well as the flue and cap.