Williams Professional Painting is a longstanding, family-owned, local painting company. It has been our privilege to provide residential and commercial painting services to our friends and neighbors throughout Virginia, Maryland, and DC since 1979.
We have had the privilege of overlapping with Rooftop Chimney Sweeps several times over the years. Our experience has always been a positive one. Because they have demonstrated values similar to our own, especially relating to providing a quality customer experience, we often direct clients with chimney-related concerns to these fine folks.
Home services we specialize in:
Williams Professional Painting provides comprehensive residential painting services, including:
- Interior and Exterior Painting
- Kitchen Cabinet Painting and Refinishing
- Molding Installation
How Can a Cheap Painting Estimate Be Your Most Expensive Option?
As homeowners, we all want the best possible deal for our improvement projects, right?
Whether you’re adding a guest room, finishing a basement, or finally conquering unruly landscaping, your budget most often drives the conversation.
This all applies to finding a painting company as well. Before you pick the lowest estimate out of your prospective pile, however, we have a few considerations to keep in mind.
Hiring a Quality Painting Company: Cost Vs. Value
Cost is, of course, the immediate price you pay. Sign-on the dotted line, receive your services, and the work is done.
Value is no less tangible, but to see and appreciate it you need to do a little digging.
So, what can be missing from your painting project that drives cost (and value) down?
– Quality Paint: The quality of the products used during your project is extremely important. Lower-end paint may be attractively cheap, but it will often have inferior adhesion, color retention, and longevity. In other words, it will look okay for a while, but it just won’t last as long as name-brand options.
– Surface Preparation: Read your estimate from cover to cover! Low painting bids often skip or minimize essential early steps. This reduces labor costs, but it also reduces the effectiveness of your painting investment. In fact, we would go so far as to say that surface preparation (repairs, cleaning, sanding, etc…) will make or break your entire project.
– Reliable Services: Established, reputable painting companies cost more. There are overhead expenses to cover, as well as competitive compensation and benefits for employees, insurance, well-maintained equipment, quality products, and more. The result (and the value for you!), however, is that your painting update will be handled by qualified, trained, invested painters who really care for you, your home, and their own reputation. That’s priceless!
There’s nothing wrong with finding a good deal, but we do encourage you to carefully analyze cost vs. value during your next house painting project. As professional painters, we have seen (and been paid to fix!) the work of less-than-scrupulous bargain painters on many occasions. You truly do get what you pay for!